Saturday, February 15, 2014

None of the Above?

I found myself in Lowe's today, and used the opportunity to pick up some paint samples so we could get down to business on painting the living room.  I've been talking about it since we moved in, and just hadn't made any progress.  So hubby and I picked out three options and had samples mixed up in each of them.

photo 3

I painted the three colors on the walls in a few different areas so we could get an idea of the colors against different furniture, and in different lights.   The color will be used in the living room, front foyer, stairwell and upstairs hall.

photo 2

It needs to blend nicely with the kitchen which is staying a dark rich green with warm brown cabinetry.  It needs to flow nicely throughout the main traffic areas of the house.  I'd like it to be a nice warm color.


photo 1-2

Here are the choices I've got going so far.   The top one is a very light creamy white:  Valspar Homestead Resort Cameo White (7002-21).  The middle one has quite a bit more yellow in it:   Valspar Churchill Hotel Hazy Yellow (3004-8B).  The bottom one has a peachy-pink tint to it:  Valspar New Penny (3001-8B).

Which one would you choose?  Option A, B, C, or D (None of the Above)?  As of right now, I think I'm going with option D!!!!  I think I want to go toward a warm mid-tone beige, almost camel. Something more saturated to hold its own next to the green in the kitchen.   None of these three are rich enough for what I have in my head.

What do you think?   What color would you suggest?  I'd love to hear your ideas in the comments.

__________________________

I'd like to invite you to come back next Tuesday to my weekly "Happy Tuesday" Link Party.  Each week we're sharing anything and everything that makes us happy!  That's easy enough, right?   The party starts on Monday nights at 9pm Eastern, and lasts all day Tuesday.   Please come and join in! You can read more about the party by clicking on the image below.


Happy Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. OH I agree with the soft camel tone beige. I have Valspar Antique Fioli Lace and it is a really soft beige with a camel undertone and it goes with anything. Look at the color in my guest bedroom in this post. http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2012/12/guest-bedroom-remodel.html. That is pretty true to the color and also my master bath paint color here. http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/05/master-bath-paint-reveal.html The different pictures show it in bright sunlight and in shadows. It is the easiest color to decorate with. Everything in the rainbow looks amazing with it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty for the suggestion! I checked out your guess bedroom and master bath - both look great! yes, I think we're headed for a warm camel brown/beige. Your color might be just the ticket!

      Delete