Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas 2010 Tour of Our Home

I've been posting here and there all month long with photos of our home and our Christmas decorations.   In preparation for The Nester's Christmas 2010 Tour Of Homes party, I've put together this launching point so you can see all the various things we've done this year.  Hope you enjoy!



Welcome to our home!  Here are some views of the outside, as you approach our front door.   In a post about last year's outdoor decorating, I noted that I was thinking about moving to larger wreaths.  But time got away from me this year, and I had trouble finding the size I was thinking of. So we went with the same wreaths as last year.

To see more, read this post about Christmas Decorating Outside.









Once you enter our front door, here is the panoramic view that greets you.  Our front stairs are decked out in lighted garlands with red and gold bows, and there are trees in the dining room and the living room, and you can peek into the rear of our home with our large family room tree and maybe you can even peek at our kitchen tree.


To see more, read this post about the view from the front of our home.



Turning into the living room, we have a 9' tree decked out in a Santa theme.  To see more, read this post about our Santa Theme Tree.


Also in our living room, we've got a bookshelf that is decorated with our hand-painted Christmas village.  This village is really special to us, because of the history behind it and the love that went into creating it.  Read that story and see more about the village in this post.


To the left of the front door, heading into the dining room we have a lovely green-themed tree.  To see more, read this post about our Dining Room Tree.



On our dining room table, I have displayed my collection of German Smoker Santas.  These are treasures from my travels to Germany.  To see more, read this post about my Smoker Santas.


Moving into the back of the house into the kitchen, I've got a couple of posts about our peppermint theme.  In one post, I share the garlands, wreaths, and table top tree.  In another post I share info about our gingerbread houses, and finally in another post I show how I made my peppermint table runner.




In the family room, we have a wood fireplace and our main, large, live family tree.  I've written a post about our mantle this year, and I've also shared the view of our Christmas tree as it was cut, carried, and decorated on Thanksgiving weekend.



I think that just about completes the tour of our home this Christmas season.  In the coming days I'll be sharing more small vignettes, peeks into our kitchen candy making traditions, and some of our family traditions.  I hope you've enjoyed this tour, and hope you'll visit again soon!

Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely! So fun to see the panoramic view :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely home! I love the santa that is baking, he makes me smile. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your candy tree and decor! So fun! Your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so beautiful! I espcially love the Christmas village! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything it looks beautiful. I also like what you did with the wreaths! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looked beautiful for the holidays! I hope you had a very merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy New Year! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the German Smoker Santas. I've never seen those before, and they are beautiful. I also like the peppermint theme. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your gingerbread house Santa! Would love to know where you bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby has a small collection of the German smokers. They are not all Santas but I add to it when I can. We also have a smoker that was made in Poland! (He is Polish). I also have that same Santa with the frosting bag!!!! It seems we decorate alot alike:):) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home and decorations are beautiful! I love your village display...Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is so beautifully decorated. What a way to welcome Christmas.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice - I especially like your gold reindeer standing next to your tree :)

    ReplyDelete