Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Simple and Fun Vignettes

I'm having a party at our home tonight, and so I've been spending the day mostly cleaning up, but also putting little touches of Christmas cheer here and there.  Thought I'd share some of the little vignettes I put together today... Hope you enjoy!



On an end table, I grouped some of my favorite Santas, and some holiday toys.


The red and white Santa puzzle and the Christmas tree peg puzzle came from Old Navy, of all places, a few years ago.

The Santa puzzle is an old postcard that'd been glued to a block of wood, then cut into a jigsaw puzzle.


I tucked them into a small box, and nestled them into some greenery with a floral pick.  Festive and easy!


Underneath this end table, Twinkle Bear found a place to rest for the evening.  We've got a stash of Santa hats there too, in case anyone is feeling particularly festive.


At the fireplace, I cut some fresh greens from the yard and stuck them into the log holder.  I added a faux berry sprig for some easy color. I first did this arrangement a couple of weeks ago, but today I added some more greens to make it fuller and freshen it up.  It smells so nice!


 On another end table, I have a lantern with a floral pick, and a painted Santa figure.  They are sitting beside a hand-made bent wood box with a hand-carved top. My dad made this box for me.


The Santa is painted in a very detailed way.  I found him at an arts and crafts fair a long time ago - he was one of my first Santas in my collection.


Here's a detail view of the relief carving of the top of the box.


The inside of the box is lined with dark green velvet.  I use it to store coasters.


I love the detail of the overlap on the bent wood box.  I love displaying the handiwork of my family!


In my powder room, I added some fresh greens from the yard and a new candle.  Above the mirror is a swag of red berries and red apples.



 Another Santa and some festive hand towels finish up the powder room decor.



 I think that's about it for today's decorating fun.  Thanks for dropping by!

Merry Christmas!




Linking up to Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life.



http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/2010/12/44th-table-top-tuesday.html

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your wood Santa's all around your home. The fresh greenery add the perfect touch! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the way you decorate...especially the box with puzzles, toys and Santa! Love the garland over the mirror, too! Lovely! Merry Christmas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your Beautiful decorations!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and lovely. I love the Santas, they are fabulous. Thanks so much for joining TTT. I hope you have a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete