Friday, February 21, 2014

Gratitude - Day 52

photo-41

I took a mini-vacation on the back porch this afternoon, as a huge thunderstorm rolled across the state.  The best place to enjoy a storm is on the screened porch, far enough away from the screens to stay dry, but close enough to feel the wind and its fury.   

I learned that the sparrows and chickadees are not afraid of wind, but they seem to be afraid of lightning. 

I learned that the dark clouds are more menacing looking than they actually are. The real power of the storm comes from the lighter grey clouds that push the darkest ones forward.  

I learned that there is beauty in the rain and wind, just as there is beauty in the sunshine. 

I enjoyed the force of the front edge of the storm, and I enjoyed the more gentle steady rain that followed, and I enjoyed the tapering off into sprinkling.  

I enjoyed the chirping of the birds that came back to the feeders long before the rain stopped.

I enjoyed the cool breeze and the tinkling of the wind chimes.

I'm grateful for my mini-vacation today.




_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment