Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gratitude - Day 35

It just doesn't seem fair.
I mean, here I am, a white middle class woman living in America, with everything I need and so many things I want.  For me, opportunities and privileges abound.  I don't have to worry about where my meals come from, whether or not I have shelter, whether or not I have transportation.

My life is filled with love from my husband, children, parents, sisters, friends.

My time is spent on things I want to do, for the most part. I have a few obligations but mostly I've chosen those so they're more like agreements.

So many people out there don't have food for tomorrow's meals.   Don't have heat in their homes.  Don't have homes.

How does this happen?  How did I become so fortunate?

What can I do to help bridge the gap between the have and have nots?

I'm not sure about that.  I have some ideas, but they seem so insignificant.

But in my heart, I know that first and foremost, I must choose to not take what I have for granted.  Because tomorrow it may be gone.  Because without gratitude, I have no chance of respecting those who do without.

Next, comes action.   But first, gratitude.


_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment