Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Gratitude - Day 14

photo-19
I met someone for lunch today, someone who I think is a great person and who I'd like to get to know better.   We had a fun time, and made plans to make more plans. If that makes any sense.

Being new in this town, not working outside the home, and not having kids in school has meant that it's been a challenge to meet people and make friends.  Slow and steady wins the race, I guess, and there are a small handful of women who are slowly but surely turning from acquaintances into friends.

I'm grateful for lunch with a new friend.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to connect with more women tonight at chorus rehearsal. I'm grateful for the hope that comes with reaching out and inviting someone out for coffee.  I'm grateful for the warmth and assuredness of a "yes" answer.

I'm grateful for new restaurants in new towns with new friends.

_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment