Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gratitude - Day 329 - Nov 25, 2014

This week the holiday season begins in earnest in our home, as we celebrate Thanksgiving together on Thursday.


The Christmas season is fast approaching, and I'm very happy about that.  The weeks from Thanksgiving into New Year's are definitely some of my favorite times each year.

Some people complain about the merging of the holidays, the too-early arrival of Christmas merchandise, the "rushing through" the fall holidays to get to the consumerism-based Christmas.  But for me, I don't mind that "the holidays" are one big, happy season.

I love that as we gather together inside beside warm fireplaces, sipping hot apple cider, we are naturally inclined to celebrate our family and friend relationships.  I love that we can spend six or more weeks celebrating Love... which is what it all comes down to for me.

I'm beginning to decorate for Christmas, have been playing the Christmas music non-stop, and have even gotten a little bit of gift shopping done.   But mostly what I'm doing? I'm getting into the spirit wholeheartedly.   Letting Love settle in my heart, make itself comfortable, and letting that be the guiding principle for my life, now and always.

This Gratitude Project has done a great job of keeping last year's Christmas spirit in my heart all year long, and for that, friends, I'm very grateful.   :-)


_________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment