Monday, May 26, 2014

What's Blooming - May 26, 2014


After being out of town for five days, I was happy to come home yesterday and get out into the garden this morning.   I found quite a few bright and beautiful blooms today. Here are some of my favorites.



Texas Apple Blossom Verbena

Hummingbird Mint 'Black Adder' (Agastache)

Phlox 'Miss Lingard'

First tomato of the season!

Clethra alnifolia - Sugartina 'Crystalina' - just starting to set buds, proving that they don't mind the shady spot they have

Astilbe chinensis 'Vision', just past peak bloom

Hydrangea macrophylla - Let's Dance 'Moonlight'

Galliarda with a busy bee pollinating it

First Dahlia of the season (unknown)

First Dahlia of the season (unknown)

Geraniums on the front porch

Verbena 'Homestead Purple'

Magnolia blossom 

Many more magnolia blossoms coming soon!

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment to say hello!

_______________________________________
Linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too - verbena is my favorite! Also loving the magnolia, though I have to get right up next to it to smell it. It's heavenly!

      Delete
  2. Wow- love all the pictures! I'm a flower nut so I appreciate the beauty of each one! I haven't brought any Verbena in this season- I must do that! Love those beautiful magnolia blossoms and the astilbe. My magnolia wasn't too exciting this year, but after the winter we had I'm not suprised. Visiting from Ivy and Elephants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, thanks for stopping by! If you have room, I really recommend the perennial verbena 'Homestead Purple'. It spreads into a wonderful mound and has bright purple blooms for weeks and weeks in spring/early summer. It's really a knockout plant! I love to put a few plants of it together, and then just sit back and enjoy the profusion of color! Of course, there are lots of kinds of annual verbenas too, and those are fun. Have fun in your garden this year!

      Delete
  3. I love it all...I've been wanting to try the Astilbe..yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The astilbe is really pretty, and over time will spread into a nice clump that acts as a shady spot ground cover. Give it a try!

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing it at this week's Home Sweet Garden Party! This weeks party will start at 4 pm today! {www.creativecountrymom.com} Hope you can join us again this week too! Hugs...Brooke

    ReplyDelete