Monday, May 12, 2014

Gratitude - Day 131


This was going to be an easy gratitude post... about having time today to be a little bit creative and repaint this welcome sign rock that I've had in the garden for 10 years or more.  
But the more I thought about it, the more I wondered... why is it that I'm so lucky to have the life I have, where I have time to doodle on rocks like this?  Why me?   Why am I the lucky one, the one who has a comfortable home with loving husband and children?  Why am I the one who has been granted so many blessings?   As soon as I stop to think about it for even one second, I begin to be overwhelmed with all that I've been given.

I wonder... why wasn't I born into a harsh family life?  Why wasn't I born into extreme poverty?  Why am I healthy when so many others aren't?  and on and on...

I don't know the answers to these questions.  I don't know why I was granted this life.

I'm so very grateful for it.

And I think I need to think long and hard about how I can use it for good, more than I'm doing.



_________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment