Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mystery Plants - Can You Help Identify Them?

It's been a fun spring, watching plants come up in the gardens here in our new home.  I know what most of them are, but there are a few things which I haven't been able to identify.   Can you help?  What are these plants?



Mystery Plant #1 - Bright green very tender leaves on stalks that are growing every day.  (I obviously didn't get last year's growth cut back before the plant started growing again this year).   I think it's going to end up being about 28"-36" tall, if last year's stalks are any indication.

Any idea what this is?   Maybe a phlox?  oh, I hope it's a phlox!



Mystery Plant #2 - this is an evergreen shrub that is a bright gold color.   Quite striking in the landscape.   It requires a lot of pruning to keep it this shape.

Any idea what this is?



Mystery Plant #3 - this is growing on the retaining wall out by the street.  We don't know if it was planted on purpose, or if it's a weed.   It's really, really strong and sturdy, and will be difficult to get off of the wall if we need to take it out.   So far, no flowers or berries, just the green stems.

Any idea what this is?



I hope you can help me identify these plants.  Leave me a comment please, to let me know what you think they might be!

________________________________

Linking to:

9 comments:

  1. Wow I am stumped! But...I do have a link for garden website that I am a member of that has 100's of wonderful gardeners that LOVE to help do this kind of thing. Check out www.garden-share.com If they don't know I would be really shocked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine for the tip, will check it out!

      Delete
  2. Mystery #2 looks like a variegated boxwood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second plant is a golden euonymous. Not sure about other ones.....maybe you can take the pictures to your local garden center if there is one close to you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hyacinthb, I think you're right about the golden eponymous, a plantsman told me that last fall but I could't remember what he'd said. That's it!

      Delete
  4. I have #2 it is some type of boxwood! Love your outside spaces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate your kind comments. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'm agreeing with the others - the best thing is to take a stem from each to a good garden center, tell them where and how big these are growing, they may be able to help you identify them! Best of Luck! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I'll be doing that for sure! Thanks for hosting the party, and hope you have a great week!

      Delete