Thursday, July 17, 2014

Gratitude - Days 196-198 - July 15-17, 2014

Once again, I've lost track of time and have missed a few days of Gratitude Project postings.  But I'm so happy to know that in fact, my "gratitude practice" is stronger than it's ever been.   So lack of posting doesn't mean lack of expressed gratitude!

I'm coming up on the 200th day of this project.  Maybe a time for reflection on how it's going?



I can say I'm very much more aware of my feelings of gratitude now than I was before I started this project.   Early on, thinking of something to say that I'd been grateful for that day seemed a little forced, and not something that came easily.  But now, as I reflect on my day, it's so easy to find things to be grateful for!  Every day brings so many gifts, whether they're major events or new experiences, or maybe just the comfort of a familiar routine, the enduring love of my family relationships, the wonder of the world around me.   It's so much easier to identify and name all these things for which I'm truly, truly grateful!

The other thing I've noticed is that I'm much more in tune with my gratitude throughout the day - as my day is happening - than I was before.   So often during each day, I find myself noticing something that feels good, and expressing an inward "thank you" for that moment.  Instead of just moving through the day, I am noticing more and more of life's small moments, those tiny gifts of goodness that come all day long.   And even more wonderfully, I'm finding that sometimes these moments of gratitude occur amidst a difficult situation - as if there's a breath of fresh air that arrives just in time, just enough for me to take a breath and realize that whatever hot water I'm in, it's not that bad, and there is always, ALWAYS something to be grateful for.

I feel like this Gratitude Project has done wonders for my self-awareness, my sense of peace and calm, and my appreciation of the world around me.   I'm so glad - grateful, in fact! - that I began this project, and I'm excited to see what happens as I continue this practice throughout my life.

_________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment