Monday, July 21, 2014

Gratitude - Day 202 - July 21, 2014

This morning I took a trip down the road about 5 miles to Lakeview Daylily Farm.




I had so much fun walking around the property - about 5 acres or more if I'm estimating right - looking at all the different types of day lilies.    I knew there were lots of different varieties, but really didn't expect to see so, so many!!!

This farm has about 1000 varieties in all.  I chose five to take home with me today.   The season for day lilies is nearing its end here in Raleigh, with most of the mid-season bloomers only having two or three more buds on them.  The late season bloomers are going strong for another couple weeks.   The earliest bloomers start in April around here, and are really going strong in May.   With this knowledge, I'm sure I'll be back next spring to pick out a few more for our yard.

Very happy today and grateful for these kinds of "finds" so near to our home.

_________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment