Sunday, July 13, 2014

Gratitude - Day 193 - July 12, 2014

Saturdays... lazy, relaxing, low-pressure.

The best thing about Saturdays now is that it's a "whatever we want" kind of day.

Back when the kids were at home, or maybe back when I was still working, (or both?), Saturdays were always run here and there, do the laundry, groceries, clean the house, etc.   All the stuff that we didn't have time to do during the week. 

But now, if I'm not singing somewhere, then Saturdays are a break.  They're time to chill out, to spend time with each other, to enjoy the house and yard, or go explore somewhere new.

Very grateful for these weekends with nothing to do.


_________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

2 comments:

  1. Now that we are retired, every day is "Saturday." Today I took a glass of ice water out to my hubby who was working in the yard on this warm day. We sat a spell and remarked, "Isn't it great to not have any pressures or places we have to be so that we can just enjoy life!" We, too, remember those days when the children were home. It was a busy time, and it was a happy time. Now we are in a different season and we are just as happy. I am glad that you enjoyed your Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Unfortunately my husband is still working, so I try to get the "must do" things done during the week, leaving the weekends with few chores and lots of relaxing time.

      Delete