Monday, December 1, 2014

Advent 2014 - Week 1 - Hope

"As this season of “sparkle and bright” unfolds before us, the glimmering promises of hope lie like boxed jewels awaiting an adoring light. 
"May we hold fast to hope’s patient possibilities. May we lift them high that they might catch the light of our dreams and shine bright in our broken world.And may we instil hope’s challenge in the hearts of our children that they, too, will live it into meaning–pouring their lives, as we do ours, into making it real–for themselves, for each other, for the world.
by Gretta Vosper






Hope has, thank God, been a constant blessing in my life.   Let's face it - I've been very fortunate, through circumstances of birth, through choices I've made, through opportunities presented to me.   I've been fed, clothed, sheltered, and most importantly, loved my entire life.  Even during times of immense sadness, hurt, or loss, hope has always been a spark of light in my life.  I've never lost sight of it.   Thank God.

Others are not so fortunate, I know.  I don't have to look far to find people in need of hope.   Just watch the news or drive through any major city. But even closer to me, I need only look within my own family or at my neighbors down the street.  The sister laid off from work.   The friend going through a divorce. The family devastated by disease.   All of us know someone who is facing a difficult time, who is tempted to lose hope for their future.   Maybe that someone is you.

My prayer on this first week of Advent is that we all keep hope in our hearts.   Let us shine brightly enough that we give hope to each other.  Let us all cling to that bright possibility of a way forward, a new opportunity, a recognition of the love that we have and will never lose, through our Creator who is Love.  

May Hope light the world this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment