Thursday, December 11, 2014

Gratitude - Day 343-345 - Dec 9-11, 2014

I've been busy these last few days, all in a good way.


I spent a lot of time in prayer and meditation, focusing on my good friend whose brain surgery went well yesterday. She still has a very long road, with Stage IV cancer in three places, but the first major obstacle (her surgery) has been successfully navigated. Thank you for keeping Kiki in your prayers too.   

I got together with a friend and shared a really special conversation on spirituality and what Christmas means to each of us.   I love deepening our friendship, and I love this friend.

I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and had a really positive experience - again!  It happens every week, just sharing thoughts and ideas and frustrations and joys with a group of people who have the same goals is so comforting to me.   

I had some great conversations with my kids via text message.  I love connecting with them that way - it's their medium of choice, and it condenses things into bite-sized nuggets of truth-bomb info for me.  My kids (thankfully) are open and honest with me about what's going on with them, and they're both fairly easy with communication about good and bad things happening to them.   I love talking with them!

I did a lot of Christmas-ing around the house - got lots of gifts wrapped, got a package ready to mail, got the Christmas cards out the door, fine-tuned the decorations around the house, started making treats.

I spent quite a bit of time putting together a few blog posts, and really enjoyed that process from start to finish.

Over all, the week has been a very emotional but full-of-goodness kind of week.   I'm so grateful for everything and everyone in my life.   

Tomorrow my husband and I are getting away for a four-night Christmas present to ourselves - we're visiting Walt Disney World at Christmas.  It's my favorite vacation destination, and we've been there a lot of times, but never at Christmas.  I'm very excited!!!

So many things to be grateful for.


______________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment