Friday, December 26, 2014

The Work of Christmas Lies Before Us




When the song of the Angel is stilled,
When the Star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and the princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flock,
The work of Christmas begins:
To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among brothers and sisters—
To make music in the heart.
And to radiate the Light of Christ,
every day, in every way,
in all that we do and in all that we say.
The work of Christmas lies before us. 
- Howard Thurman

What will your 2015 look like?   I'm still trying to figure out what mine will be.   You know, the whole "resolutions" thing.  Some years I've made earnest and well-intentioned resolutions, but they quickly lost emphasis and attention, as these things tend to do.   I've not been very good about it, really.  Like, ever.  Well, except for the 2014 Gratitude Project, which turned out to be a pretty good daily (kind of) practice of Gratitude here on this blog.  

But most years?  Not too good of a record on the resolutions thing.

At this moment, my heart is telling me that my task in 2015 is to keep Christmas alive throughout the whole year, not just in December.   I have a lot more thinking and meditating on this topic to do before I'll be ready to declare anything so lofty as a new year's resolution.   I'm working on it.   

In the meantime, I'm using these words and images to lead me to the right place.

How about you?  What's your hope for 2015?   I'd love to hear about it, please leave a comment and let's chat about intentions and resolutions and such.  

No comments:

Post a Comment