Saturday, April 19, 2014

Gratitude - Day 107

Some days are lonely.  Not for any special reason, but just because.

On those lonely days, I am learning to lean into it.  To really feel what I'm feeling.  It's teaching me a lot about myself, about what I want in my life, and what I need in my life.   

I'm grateful for my lifestyle - my retirement is exactly what I wanted, and I'm so blessed to have so many friends and connections through my singing.   But at the same time, I spend a lot of days home alone, and those days sometimes get long and lonely.  

When those feelings hit, I listen carefully to what my heart is saying.   What do I need to do to feel more fulfilled?  In which ways can I more completely express myself through relationships, and how can I nurture those relationships more fully so that my alone time is nurturing and recharging, rather than being lonely?  Or is that even what I need to do?   Maybe there's something else that the loneliness is trying to teach me.

I'm grateful to have the opportunity to learn and grown in myself in these ways.  

I'm grateful for everything I have -- and everything I don't have.  



_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment