Thursday, April 17, 2014

Gratitude - Day 105-106

Tired but grateful today, for the joy of traveling to Maryland to my chorus dress rehearsal, and traveling back home the next morning to be home in Raleigh.

Some days it feels exhausting to be back and forth to MD as much as I do.   Like today.   I am so tired from driving all day yesterday, rehearsing all evening, and then getting up at 5am to drive back home.  

I'm the kind of tired where nothing I consider doing sounds remotely interesting.   I can't bring myself to do any house work or gardening. I thought about working on some music, but got pretty frustrated with that pretty soon.   Tried reading a magazine, and even that was not working. 

I recognize the grumpy, tired me.  I remember when I was a little girl, the first time I self-identified the need for a nap, it was a like a gift that I have used the rest of my life.  I was so frustrated with my Spirograph that I couldn't get to work (remember those?).  I decided to go to bed and sleep for a little bit, and then when I tried using the Spirograph again, it went great.  

That's how I feel right now.

I'm grateful for having a life that allows me to travel back and forth between two choruses and between two lives.

I'm grateful for having a life that allows me to take an easy and relaxing day off of anything useful and just rest up.

I'm grateful for my soft couch and the gas fireplace that is taking the chill off of the house in this strange hot-then-cold weather that we're having.

Time for a little nap.




_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment