Monday, April 14, 2014

Gratitude - Day 100-103

'Tis the season for Sweet Adelines regional competitions.   

Each spring we find ourselves deep in rehearsal mode, then we pack up our endless supply of sparkly costumes and gather together at the annual spring convention and competition for our respective geographical regions, and we sing.  We mix and mingle, make new friends, and reunite with friends we haven't seen since last year (except via Facebook!).  We get all dressed up in sequins and rhinestones and put on our stage makeup, and we shine!    

This year, because I moved to Raleigh, I am now singing in TWO regions in Sweet Adelines.  My new home in the Carolina Harmony Chorus in Raleigh is in Region 14, while my former (and still current) home is in the Harbor City Music Company Show Chorus in Region 19 in Baltimore.   So I have the honor and privilege of attending two different Regional competitions this year.  And my quartet, Lustre, will be at both too!  Though the quartet doesn't compete at the regional level any more, we still love to attend and sing around and meet everybody.

This past weekend was the Region 14 convention and competition.   Thursday afternoon through Sunday afternoon was a jam-packed series of rehearsals, contest performances, costume changes, and of course, lots of singing.   Because it was my first time in Region 14 and in Carolina Harmony Chorus, I was sometimes overwhelmed with all the new faces and all the people to meet... this introvert struggles with large crowds and big parties.  But I was able to recharge my juices just enough to make it through the whirlwind of meets and greets and smiles and hugs and handshakes, and ended the weekend with a huge new family of Sweet Adeline sisters.   

I'm so grateful for everything about Sweet Adelines.  I can't say enough good things about my experiences in the past 10 years.  And this weekend was simply fantastic!   I met so many wonderful people.  I had my Lustre girls with me.   I had my new Carolina Harmony Chorus girls with me.  Everything was just wonderful.   So, so grateful!


_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment