Saturday, June 14, 2014

Gratitude - Day 165 - June 14, 2014


I had the honor to sing today with my Carolina Harmony Chorus for the Komen Race for the Cure here in Raleigh.  


Beginning at 7am, we stood on the side of the street at one of the last main corners of the race route and sang "We Are Family" for the participants.  


There were three or four different races, all on the same route with different start times.   We got to cheer and sing for all these racers as they neared the finish line.  

It brought me back to 2010 when I walked with my friends in the Komen 3 Day 60 Mile walk in Washington, D.C.   What an experience!

Seeing all those family groups walking with each other - seeing all the T-shirts that honored a loved one - seeing all the survivors - all of it together made me choke up several times and I had to quit singing.  I was reminded of my family and friends who have survived cancer, or who have lost the battle.   

It was great to be able to lift the spirits of the racers as they competed their run or walk.  It lifted my spirits too.

GratitudeProject2014

No comments:

Post a Comment