Thursday, June 12, 2014

Gratitude - Day 163 - June 12, 2014

I spent my day shopping for a new swimming suit. 


I can't think of a more demoralizing way to spend my day.   I'm so frustrated that it's so hard to find a bathing suit that fits, much less flatters.   I'm frustrated at the "fashion" that clothing makers think that we women want to wear. I'm frustrated at the way the stores stock their racks in a non-sensical way resulting in a mishmash of sizes across a dozen different racks.   I'm frustrated at the way my body looks in so many of these suits.  I'm frustrated that in four stores, and after having tried on more than 20 different suits, I was not able to find one that fit me in a way that made me comfortable to leave my home.  

But...

I'm grateful for the ability to spend a day walking around a bunch of stores.

I'm grateful for the cash in my bank account ready to pay for a new bathing suit.

I'm grateful for the free time that I have to go shopping.

I'm grateful for the knowledge that my summer will be just fine even if I don't find a new swimming suit this year.




GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment