Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Visit to Logan Trading Company

Last week I took the opportunity to go to a new-to-me garden center in the heart of Raleigh, Logan Trading Company.   This great center is built on an old train platform and depot, and has lots and lots of wonderful plants and other garden must-haves.  I shared it's Wild Bird Center with you a few days ago, so today I'll take you around the rest of the place.



The first thing to notice about Logan's is the unique layout of the store, which is due to the unique property that they occupy.  They have the plants all spread out down along the old train platform, and it seems that they go on forever!   There's a bend in the train tracks, so standing at one end, you can't see the other end.   The bend is just about at the halfway point.





They had a wonderfully large selection of impatiens - the largest I've seen so far in Raleigh.  There were lots and lots of other bedding plants too, and a nice selection of full and lush hanging baskets.    All the plants were in great shape, nothing was struggling or neglected.



In four different parts of the property, I found an impressive array of planters and containers.  They had every shape, size, color and material imaginable!  It was fun to browse around and appreciate all the beautiful pottery.






There was a good selection of sturdy but pretty wire basket stands and planters, and I've got my eye on some of these for my front porch.   



I enjoyed the sprinklings of garden art and accessories that I found throughout the property.   





Lots of pretty statuary, and a wonderful collection of birdbaths to choose from.




Inside, there was a huge houseplant area, a fun gift shop, a large selection of seeds and a nice selection of high quality tools.  Also the Wild Bird Center that I showcased earlier.










There was also a wonderful indoor/outdoor cafe, with room for about 50-60 tables.  They served a great hot or cold lunch every day from 11-2:30.  



But for me, the real heart of the place was the collection of wonderful plants.  The perennials were just as beautiful and healthy as the annuals on the other side of the platform.



Logan Trading Company is a great garden center.   They have great selection, good prices, and healthy plants.   I heartily recommend it to anyone in the Raleigh area!

I recently visited a wonderful garden center in Sanford, NC called Big Bloomers Flower Farm.   Check out this post to get a review of that wonderful place.


_____________________________________
Linking to:

Kammy's Korner:   Trash to Treasure Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life:  Inspire Me Tuesday
My 1929 Charmer:  Sunday Best
Between Naps on the Back Porch:  Metamorphosis Monday
Creative Country Mom:  Home Sweet Garden Party
A Delightsome Life:  Return to Loveliness
StoneGable:  The Scoop
The Dedicated House: Make it Pretty Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment