Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Gratitude - Day 152 - June 1, 2014


(posted a few days late)

What a gorgeous day!


On Sunday morning, my husband and I took a drive over to Chapel Hill, NC.   The weather was absolutely stunning - bright sun, clear skies, cool breeze. It could not have been more perfect!

We drove in a leisurely way around Chapel Hill and neighboring Carrboro, and stopped at Southern Rail for brunch.  I had an absolutely delicious treat of french toast stuffed with Nutella, fresh strawberries, toasted almonds and blueberries.   Oh my gosh, it was soooooooooo good!   My husband really enjoyed the biscuits and sausage gravy. The coffee was awesome (better than my Keurig, any day of the week).   The setting was wonderful.  The company was perfect.

Afterward, we walked around the beautiful campus of the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill.   It's really lovely, with huge old oak trees and beautiful old buildings (including the oldest building at a state university in the United States, dated 1793).  It's definitely a campus that I could see myself attending, back in the day, and I've put this lovely place in the category of my all-time favorite campus settings.

I'm grateful for this beautiful day, this wonderful leisurely outing, and the chance to spend a quiet and relaxing morning with my husband, exploring things around our new home.

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment