Thursday, March 20, 2014

Gratitude - Day 72-78

Time flies when you're busy.   My gratitude practice hasn't stopped, but the daily posting practice continues to be affected by my travel schedule.

In the last week, I've flown home from Oklahoma, unpacked, repacked, and spent almost a week in Walt Disney World with my husband, kids, and son's girlfriend.  During all of that time, I've been talking with my sisters about my dad's stroke recovery, and keeping him in the forefront of my mind.

It's been hard to enjoy my favorite vacation destination while also thinking of my dad.   On the one hand, I know he wanted me to take the vacation, so I did feel a little bit free to enjoy the trip.  But on the other hand, I'd rather have been in Oklahoma with the rest of my family, supporting my dad and my mom with all the things going on there.

I'm eternally grateful for all the medical support my dad has received.

I'm so very grateful to my sisters for all they're doing to support mom and dad.

I'm so very grateful to my husband and kids for being with me and being so understanding and helpful.

I'm so very grateful for my friends, who have gone above and beyond to deliver my car from Maryland to North Carolina.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity to visit my favorite place for some much-anticipated memory making with my kids and husband.

I'm grateful to be back home, on my own couch, in my own house, sleeping in my own bed, even if just for a short while before the next travel.


_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment