Friday, March 7, 2014

Gratitude - Day 64, 65 and 66

Gratitude become a lot more basic when you're faced with life and death situations. 

My dad had a massive stroke on Tuesday.

Life since then for him and for all of us has completely changed.

We are looking at things on a minute to minute basis, because that's how often things change, for better or worse.

We are learning how to be adult children with a common goal.

We are learning how to take every moment as a blessing.

We are trying to live here and now, now borrowing trouble by worrying about tomorrow.

This is hard, really hard, and won't be any better any time soon, no matter which corner is turned.

Love is the only going that gets us through this.

How many times will that lesson be given to us in this lifetime?


_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I am so sorry to read this news! Is he recovering? How are you all coping? I will keep you in my thoughts.

    Blessings and best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha. My family is bonding together really well, and my dad's recovery is slow but coming along. Thank you for your positive thoughts, I appreciate it so much.

      Delete