Well, I decided today was the day to try making a slipcover for my very favorite chair.
I LOVE this chair. It's the perfect fit for little old me, at just 5' 4". Not every chair works for me, with my short legs and short torso. But this one is PERFECT!
The only thing wrong with it now is the plaid fabric. I mean, I do love the fabric, but it's just not working with the rest of our house these days. I've been meaning to slipcover this chair since we moved to Raleigh last year, but it never made it to the top of the "to do" list.
I spent the entire day working on this. The photo here shows it about 1/3 done. Right now, it's about 4/5 done. All I have left to do is cover the seat cushion.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's not perfect or professional quality or anything. I mean, it's a sheet, not real upholstery fabric. And there's no piping or decorative trim. And there are gaps and bulges and wonky seams and stuff.
But, it definitely falls into the "good enough" category. I *might* do another cover in a more sturdy fabric. Or I might just leave it, and enjoy the cool smooth feel of the high thread-count cotton sheet.
Grateful today and proud of myself for this project. :-)
Click below to see all of my posts for my