Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gratitude - Day 277-280 - Oct 4-7, 2014

Home again, home again, jiggitty-jig!

Neglected, dried-up annuals, spring wreath still on the door... but it's still Home, Sweet Home!


After two weeks of traveling for quartet, chorus and vacation, I'm how home, comfy and warm on my own couch with my own coffee cup and my own snuggly bed to sleep in.   I love what I do, and love that I get to go places and see things and meet people and experience different things, but I love coming home too, as the final reward for an exploration done well.

When I got home yesterday afternoon, I noticed all kinds of things that need to be taken care of, now that fall has arrived in our yard.   Lots of annuals have dried up, and there are lots of things to be cleaned up in the garden.  I have three mail-ordered boxes of daffodil bulbs sitting on my kitchen counters, waiting to be planted.  

Inside, I'd like to freshen things up and put up some fall decor to carry us through Halloween to Thanksgiving.  That means going up in the attic to pull things out of storage, and putting away summer things.  Maybe it's time to switch the soft slip covers from white denim to brown velvet.   I have some ideas for handicrafts projects I could do.  Lots of nesting to be done.  

On this blog, I'm hoping / planning / intending to ramp up with some content again, so that's fun to think about too!   

I'm go glad to be home, and to have lots of time available to do these homey things.  I finally feel like things have settled into a groove and I can focus on creative pursuits.  I don' know if it's the vacation I just finished that recharged me, or if it's knowing that the quartet preparation for our big contest in November is well in hand, or what, but I just feel more relaxed and able to do some more creative things around the house. I'll be traveling again on the next two weekends for quartet performances, but I have the week days at home to just enjoy and feel good about where I am.   

If you're reading this, I thank you very much... I know my presence here has been almost non-existent in the past few months, and I haven't given you much reason to click through here.  I appreciate your "listening" to my sporadic comments on my almost-forgotten Gratitude Project, and I hope you'll continue to visit here over the coming months as I settle back into more regular postings. 

Enjoy your days, friends!   

_________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment