Thursday, January 1, 2015

Gratitude- Day 365 - Dec 31, 2014

Here we are at the end of the year, preparing to close the books on 2014 and start afresh in 2015.

I'm so grateful for this Gratitude Project 2014.



For the first time in my life, I can say that I'm truly content, and I find peace and happiness in my daily life, in the small moments and in the large grand events.  I am satisfied, I'm encouraged, I'm hopeful.

I believe this is because of the Gratitude practice that I began one year ago.   Taking a few moments every day  to reflect on my many blessings, to think about what I'm grateful for, was like putting a warm blanket around my life.  It was a comfort, a mirror, a daily gift to myself.

My Gratitude practice helped me through some of the hardest times of the year.   It helped me rejoice in the good times of the year.  Gratitude was a way of life for me this year, even if blogging about it was a project put on the back burner for a while.

Out of 365 days, I wrote a blog post 245 times... which didn't meet my goal of blogging daily, but which met my goal about 244 times more than would have happened if I hadn't set out this daily project.

I'm so grateful now for the gift I gave myself at this time last year, for being intentional about my gratitude practice.  It has enriched my life!

I don't plan to continue the daily blogging effort, but I do plan to continue my gratitude practice in a private journal here at home.

Thank you, friends, for following along in this project this year. I appreciate each and every reader, every comment made.

______________________
Linking to:

Chatting At The Sky:  What We Learned in 2014
______________________


Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

2 comments:

  1. I read about a happiness jar. You take a jar (or any vessel you choose) and everyday write down SOMETHING that made you happy. Even if it was a bad day, the best of the worst of that day. I am going to try to do this in 2015. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea! Good luck with your project, and have a wonderful 2015!

      Delete