Today I thought I'd just make a simple list of things that make me happy today. Some other weeks I will share some photos, some music, maybe some other websites -- everything is fair game.
Things That Made Me Happy Today:
- Someone brought chocolate chip cookies in to work just for fun.
- My daughter remembered that she needs to find an accompanist for her trombone solo festival, and started to make calls on her own.
- My son drove me and my husband to dinner tonight, and we had a really casual, every-day, family dinner conversation.
- I got up to exercise before work again today, which is a big deal for this so-not-a-morning person.
- My husband made me a yummy and healthy breakfast after said workout.
- Things at work today were manageable, not crazy.
- I heard my favorite song on the radio when I was driving to work.
- I saw a pretty bird on the tree outside the window this morning.
- My quartet is coming over for rehearsal tonight, and I'll get to sing and have fun for three hours with them.
- I had a crisp, sweet apple for a snack that hit the spot, and I successfully avoided eating another chocolate chip cookie at work.
- My son sent me a link to this really cute YouTube video.
Um ... yeah. That's it. I mean, I'm happy that I'm alive and healthy, and that I know and love my Creator, that I have a job, and a family, and friends, and all that. Not taking that for granted, by any means. Just figured those things are a little deeper than I can eloquently describe on short notice. And besides, I wanted to leave the door wide open for others to link up with their much more interesting posts. ;-)