Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My 2015 Resolutions - Week 6 of 52

Here's my sixth update of my 2015 New Year's Resolutions.   I tried a new method this year, and I'm hoping that weekly updates will keep me on track!

For Myself

1. Get control of my weight and my health. 
After an awesome week last week, I had a rough week this week.   I was not able to stick to my plans very well, and succumbed to temptation a lot.  I mean, a LOT.   So I ended up gaining .8 lbs this week.  So I'm regrouping, and re-upping my commitment and making sure I'm setting myself up for success for the coming week.  Will be grocery shopping tomorrow for on-plan foods, and will be trying some new recipes to keep things interesting.

2.  Walk 70,000 steps per week. 
I really fell short on this goal this week.  I only hit my 10K steps on one day, and there were a couple days I didn't even break 4K.   I plan to kick this goal back into high gear starting tomorrow.

3.  Try one new thing per month to stretch and grow. 
I'm thinking about what this month's "new" thing will be ... haven't really decided anything yet.

4.  Daily journalling and reflecting.  
This continues to be very helpful, especially on days when I'm feeling low.   Hooray for this habit!

For My Family   

5.  Stay connected to family (and friends).
This is one of my favorite things to do.  In addition to our normal texts, phone calls and video chats with our kids and our other family, I've now set up a regular video chat schedule with the kids where we can get them both online at the same time (via Google Hangouts).   It's so fun to do this!  Very thankful for technology that keeps us all together even when we're apart.

6.  Participate in our son's wedding plans.  
I made reservations for our hotel and I bought airline tickets for our trip to Minneapolis in March, when we'll do catering and cake tastings.  Yum!

For Friends and My Community    

7.  Extend at least two invitations per month to friends.
I need to kick start this goal... maybe next week?

8.  Volunteer at least three hours per month in my community.  
put in a 6 hour day at Habitat for Humanity last month, and loved every minute.   I want to do this again, and need to find a date in February to get this on the calendar.

For Our Home

9.  Purge and organize the house by May 1.   
Ugh, no progress here.   :-(

10.  Work in the yard at least 3 hours per week.  
Nothing here, either.  :-(

11.  Allow time for at least two fun home decor projects per month.   
Nor here.  :-(

For Sweet Adelines

12.  Personal singing rehearsal at least 4 hrs per week.  
I've been doing a lot of rehearsal for the quartet, and I'm pleased to see the progress that I'm making on our music.  We had a full weekend rehearsal last weekend, and so we sang for about 15 hours total in those three days.   Since then I've been listening to rehearsal recordings, making critiques and prepping for my own personal rehearsals over the next week.  It's making a good difference!

13.  Do daily vocal exercises for 15 minutes, for 30 days.  
I've totally bailed on this goal.

14.  Complete the CHC New Member Handbook by Feb 28th.  
There's been a technology glitch on this, and so I've not been making any progress.  The online site where I'm supposed to store this document is not working right now.  So I'm kind of at the mercy of the IT team.

15.  Serve the Region 19 Silver Sorority champion's organization with at least 2 hours of activity per week.  
I've made progress here this week, with a few phone calls and emails completed and keeping things moving.   I have a couple tasks that I need to take care of over the next week, which will get my 2 hours in with no problem.

This was a tough week because I was traveling Thursday-Sunday, and that blew my diet and walking plans out the window.  It also took away time that I had available for some of my other goals.  I know that these goals are not set in stone and it's not the end of the world if I don't meet them... they're more for inspiration than anything else.  So I'm trying keep in mind that I need to flex these things out over time, and that I'll have spurts of progress along one line or another rather than having steady progress every day.

How about you? How are you doing with your New Year's resolutions?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment