Sunday, May 11, 2014

Gratitude - Day 130

I've been struggling today, with the "mother's day" thing.   

At the risk of sounding like a spoiled baby, here goes.  

I feel sad today, rather than fulfilled.  
I feel sad that I don't have the relationship with my mother that I want, and that I see others have.
I feel sad that my son is so far away from me and I hardly see him anymore.
I feel sad that my husband's mother is no longer with us.
I feel sad that even though my daughter was home this weekend, I spent a good deal of time this weekend worrying about how it leaves such a hole in my heart when she is gone.

I know that my kids are awesome, and they're happy, and they're strong and good and able.
I am so proud of them, I could burst!
I'm grateful for everything they do, everything they are, everything about them.

I will try to focus on all of that, rather than the sadness of being apart.




_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment