Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My 2015 Resolutions - Week 8 of 52

Here's my eighth update of my 2015 New Year's Resolutions.   I tried a new method this year, and I'm hoping that weekly updates will keep me on track!

For Myself

1. Get control of my weight and my health. 
Due to ice and snow in my neighborhood this week, I was unable to get out do do my walking this week except for two days.   But I did pretty well on the food plan, for the most part.  My Weight Watchers meeting was cancelled again this week, so no official weigh-in again.   I'm still tempted by sweet or fatty foods when I'm bored or sad or upset, but I also have much better meal habits than i used to have, and we've been cooking at home much more than we used to.   Those are great habits!

2.  Walk 70,000 steps per week. 
Snow and ice... that's been he name of the game this week. Not great for trying to walk in the neighborhood.  I did crank up the Wii Fit on Tuesday and got that going again, so at least I was able to get some kind of work out in, even if my mileage is much lower than I want it to be.

3.  Try one new thing per month to stretch and grow. 
This week we tried the food delivery service called Blue Apron.  I have a friend who uses it and she sent me one week's worth (three meals for two people) for free to try it out.    They send you all the ingredients and excellent instructions for making three tasty meals from scratch.  The produce and the meats were super fresh, and the recipes were new for us and something different from our normal routine.   I enjoyed cooking the three meals they sent.  I think we're going to order the service every other week for a little while, to see if we still like it.  There's no opportunity to choose the recipes they send, so we have to be a bit adventurous in accepting whatever they send us.  But my friend says that's the best part of it for her - trying new foods and recipes and stretching her repertoire.  So we'll give it another go in a couple of weeks.

4.  Daily journalling and reflecting.  
This continues to be very helpful.   I've missed a day or two lately, but I always come back to this habit as a means to restore my sanity or reflect on joys of the day.   Hooray for this habit!

For My Family   

5.  Stay connected to family (and friends).
Thank goodness for technology that allows us to stay connected.   This is a recurring issue for me - staying in touch across the miles - and it's so much easier with technology!

6.  Participate in our son's wedding plans.  
My son and I are scheming for a fun way to do the Mother/Son dance at the wedding reception - we've picked out a great song, and we're working on a plan for the dance itself.  It will definitely involve some stretching of our abilities, but I'm confident we'll be able to do it and it will be a blast!

For Friends and My Community    

7.  Extend at least two invitations per month to friends.
Hmmmm, not much to report here this week.  Something to look forward to next week perhaps.

8.  Volunteer at least three hours per month in my community.  
Oh darn it, February has nearly come and gone and I've not done any volunteering in the community. Will have to make up for it next month!

For Our Home

9.  Purge and organize the house by May 1.   
I did get one closet cleaned and organized this week, and some clothes bagged up and ready to take to the thrift store.   But that's about it.  

10.  Work in the yard at least 3 hours per week.  
Nothing to report here, except I did manage to refill the bird feeders before the ice storm hit the other day.   It's just so cold!!!

11.  Allow time for at least two fun home decor projects per month.   
I'm happy to report that I did two fun projects this week:  I hung curtains in my daughter's bedroom, and I painted an end table in the living room.  Maybe I'll get my act together and post some pictures sometime soon!

For Sweet Adelines

12.  Personal singing rehearsal at least 4 hrs per week.  
Oh my gosh, I've been rehearsing so much, and it's making a huge difference in my skills.   Yay me!

13.  Do daily vocal exercises for 15 minutes, for 30 days.  
I've totally bailed on this goal.

14.  Complete the CHC New Member Handbook by Feb 28th.  
I haven't made any additional progress here.  Definitely not making the Feb 28th deadline, but maybe the end of March?

15.  Serve the Region 19 Silver Sorority champion's organization with at least 2 hours of activity per week.  
This project is well underway with lots of moving parts and people taking action.   At this moment, my job is to herd the cats into the corral, which is a little challenging but good.   Making progress.


How about you? How are you doing with your New Year's resolutions?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment