Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gratitude - Day 15

IMG_0966
Some days I have trouble feeling gratitude.   Days when things don't go as planned.   Days when I'm lingering with illness.  Days when loneliness creeps in.  Days when I'm in an unexplainable, foggy funk.

No, gratitude doesn't come naturally on those days.

Those are the days when a purposeful practice of gratitude is most needed.  I've found that if I am still and I allow myself to lean into the fog, to really hear the quiet, to feel the emptiness, then soon peace comes trickling in, bathing me in warmth and comfort.   My heart becomes unclenched, my body relaxes and my mind is at ease.   Love fills all the nooks and crannies of the dark.  Then, finally then, I can turn my attention toward gratitude.   

I'm grateful today for the peace that comes from listening to the quiet and inviting Love in.
_____________________________________________

Click below to see all of my posts for my

GratitudeProject2014

I'd love for you to share in this project.  What's making you feel grateful today?
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment